Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Conference

We don't have cable, so every conference we all crowd in our room to watch conference on the computer.  It's cozy :).  What a blessing it is to have the words of our prophets and apostles so available and in our own homes!!  I love conference and look forward to it every time.
To help our kids look forward to it and enjoy conference we motivate them with fun snacks.  My friend gave me this idea last year.  For each session we pick a few key words for them to listen for.  And when they do hear it, they get to grab the specific snack or candy in that bowl.  It's so fun for them and surprisingly they get more out of conference then we realize! 

2 comments:

Allen Family said...

I like the snack idea. We did tally marks and Kaeson only asked 1 hour. I will have to try that next time. Thanks for the great idea!

Lisa said...

I love conf too! We did the treats for specific words last year. Kids loved it yes...we decided it was a little too noisy for us as they kept getting up. Lol. Conference bingo has always been our tradition and works the best for ours. They love it and it lets me know they are listening too. :)