Saturday, August 31, 2013

Life @ the enD of August

Boo-yeah! School started! Mmmm-hmmm, school started!  It's my birthday!  Not really, but school started!
The kids were excited :)
Cami is in 4th grade and Alex is in 2nd.  At the beginning of the year they are ready for school... by half way, they're counting down til the end.  You can't beat elementary school though.  It's a fun season for education :).  
We also have 2 new additions to the Anderson zoo.  My sister's fiance, well husband now, didn't want birds in their bedroom while they were rooming at my parents house til they have to go to college in the spring.  So she asked us to take them.  You know what the kids answer was! They would take any animal in a heart beat :).  So now we have 2 parakeets... Zeus (the white one) and Hopper (the green one).  Kids love them.  And most likely they will be permanent guests. :)
And our garden has taken off!  It has been a big project but the final result has been rewarding.  Everything is blooming and I'm trying to make sure most of it is put to good use.  Carson LOVES to harvest.  Him and any of his little buddies that have come over will spend a good hour out there finding produce that is ready.  It's so cute :)
I've canned pickles for the first time, so we'll see how they turn out... kind of biting my nails about that one.  But fresh summer produce from the garden is the best.  Jeremy says next place we go, we'll have to have at least an acre of land, so he can plant his fruit trees too. :) 

3 comments:

Shaina said...

Way to go on the garden! Mine was a bit of a failure this year. I need lessons! Your kids are so cute.

TyLeen said...

So jealous about your garden. We/I could not get my act together to get ours going this year. We have just been stealing stuff from my in-laws. :)
And oh happy day for school. My kids were just ask excited as your kids look! We love school! My kids are really pretty sad when it is out and they dream about going back. Maybe I am just a boring mom!

Allen Family said...

Wow, what a great garden. Glad the kids were excited for school. Birds!!1 That will be really fun.