Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Power to Freeze

Today I woke up in an altered state, to say the least. And before rushing out the door to get my daughter to school, cereal and pee ended up all over.... of course. I'm not here to vent, but to say, I wish I could freeze time. After I got home, and my husband stayed alittle longer at home to help with the kids, I went for a run. And when I got done I went to go see what the kids were up to... and this is what I found. FREEZE!
Oh do I love these kids of mine! It was time for lunch and Alex just took care of it. He got him and his brother a hot dog, some pears and juice... even no spills!! I know I can't freeze time, but a picture can freeze this moment in time for me to cherish. To remind me that they are here for ME! And that there is NO OTHER place I would rather be.

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweetie! I know what you mean about freezing time. Yesterday Jayden made me some snacks since I wasn't feeling well. It was a piece of toast with a fiber one and some pretzels and she made it into the face of a pig. It was so sweet. Then she decided that she should make her own lunch for today since I normally make it for her everyday. She didn't want me to have to do anything but rest and get better. I just love moments like this!

Corinne said...

Oh Carina, I know what you mean!! One minute they have you wanting to pull your hair out, the next you realize just how precious they really are! Kind of a paradox, but a good one! Miss ya!

Lisa said...

I know exactly what you mean. You can feel so frustrated and then your kids can do the smallest sweetest act to cheer you up. So sweet and helpful of Alex.

Trishelle said...

He's such a doll! This truly is a beautiful life!