Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Last Resort

Every parent has their own style of discipline. We tend to use the timeout area when needed. We usually put them in a corner, but yesterday Cami and Alex were going at it and I sent each of them to their room, just for my own peace of mind. Jeremy was home by then and I was getting dinner ready and going about my business. Well, I have to make a confession. It is not uncommon that Jer and I forget that we have put one/both/all of our kids in timeout, and they end up staying there... for a long time, 10-15 minutes... Ooops! They have, gratefully, learned to stay put, stay quiet, until they are excused. Yesterday, was one of those days that I forgot. Well Tanner came around the corner and I noticed he had something in his collar, "Tanner, what is in your collar??" You can hardly tell because of the lack of contrast with white n' white together, but it was a note to me from Cami...... "Can I come out yet?" it read.... I just burst up laughing! Classic, Cami! I finally told her she could come out and we all had a good laugh. She had called Tanner in her room, tucked it in his collar, and told Tanner, "Go get mom."... he dutifully fulfilled his messenger responsibilities. I just didn't want to forget this one... too funny. And yes, I remembered to get Alex out too ;).

10 comments:

Shaina said...

HAHAHAHAAA! That is soooo cute! I love it.

TiAnn said...

That is so cute & funny! What sweet kids you have :) It's great that you document those memorable moments. :)

Allen Family said...

That is awesome! Thanks for the good laugh. I'm sure I will do the same thing.

Jamie said...

That is hilarious! I too have often forgotten that I had a child in time out, though none of mine have gotten that creative yet! Too cute!

Summer Naylor said...

Ha ha! Love this!

The Medrano's said...

Bwahahaha...that's a good one!

Lisa said...

That's awesome!

Trishelle said...

Bwahahaha! What an adorable and clever girl!!

Dedre said...

dang...that's a good dog. and a great thinker cami is! too cute!

Amanda said...

Now that was clever.....LOL