Friday, September 2, 2011

His Turn

Today was HIS day. His very first day of Kindergarden. Alex is not my morning person, he LOVES his sleep... but today I didn't even have to wake him up. Alex had jumped out of bed, (actually the floor lately, I have NO idea why he likes to sleep on the floor :), and was ready to go! I love this boy so much. He is so ready, but I was not. I don't know why, but I couldn't hold back my tears as he was heading for the bus, (which is right at the corner of our house so I can watch them the whole time! :). There is something special about this kid, and I have grown an attachment to him, he's my boy.Waiting at the stop... This is when I really lost it... Cami took hold of Alex's hand and led him onto the bus and made sure he sat right next to her. I love her so much for that. Those two can really get into some battles, but this morning was a reaffirmation that they really do Love each other. Thank heavens for children, life wouldn't be the same without them.
Me and Carson are the only one's left at home... what are we going to do?? Everything, together!

8 comments:

Shaina said...

Awww! How exciting and sad and a million other emotions all wrapped together. Go Alex!It is so sweet and NEAT to watch siblings take care of each other. I know I'm going to weep when my kids start school. I hope Alex had a good first day!

Shaina said...

Awww! How happy-sad-exciting! I know I'm going to weep when my babies start school. I hope Alex had a good first day! I'm glad he has a sweet older sister to look out for him. It melts my hear to see siblings take care of each other. Have fun one-on-one with Carson!

Allen Family said...

Oh, that almost made me cry. How sweet of Cami to hold Alex's hand. What special kids you have.

Dedre said...

oh sweet. Love the picture of them hand in hand before getting on the bus.

Lisa said...

Oh Carina, I reared up reading this. I know just how you feel! It doesn't get any easier does it. I just love their relationship, so cute.

The Woolner Family said...

So today, this father at Church got up to bare his testimony and he talked about how all his children are off to college and one is left at home and everything is so quiet. I pictured Sam on a mission, Noelle in college and Ruby old enough to drive and be gone. It was pretty sad. Enjoy them while you can!

The Medrano's said...

Awww...I love how they look out for eachother! Can't wait until Isaiah can go, not that I want him gone, it's just he wants to go sooo bad:-)

Trishelle said...

Look at that handsome boy and beautiful grown-up girl!! Here's to a wonderful school year filled with new discoveries! Please give those little sweeties HUGE hugs for me!!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your new adventures!