Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Gingerbread

If there is an extracurricular activity that I hope to always keep, and have done since a little girl, at Christmas time... it would be making and creating Gingerbread houses hands down! All day yesterday the house smelled of gingerbread as I was preparing for several Achievement Day girls to come over and decorate to their hearts' content. It literally took all day, but I LOVED every minute of it.
Ann, Kara, Kay Kay, Sariah, Rivers, Evelyn, and our sweet neighbor Serell made masterpeices. And left with quite the sugar high ;).

5 comments:

Shaina said...

How fun! That was a lot of work for you, but I can tell those girls LOVED it. Well done, Carina. You are a perfect activity days person. I've never made my own gingerbread house before. One of these years you're going to have to teach me!

I also saw that you're having a boy--yay! How Christmasy of you. :)

Allen Family said...

I need to get your recipe for gingerbread houses. That looks like a lot of fun! Congrats on the little boy!

Dedre said...

you are amazing! simply amazing!

Abi said...

Being sugar high is part of the fun of gingerbread houses. LOL That is my favorite tradition as well! Those houses are beautiful! Yay for gingerbread!

Amanda said...

That was my FAVORITEST calling ever. I love acheivement days!