Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Apples 2 Apples!

We've been busy with Apples all this last week.  We ran out of applesauce early last year and didn't have time to sauce any last fall with the move and lack of motivation from pregnancy.  But This fall we found connections on where to glean some apples, thanks to some friends in our ward :).  We filled the trunk of our  van and several boxes and buckets full. 44 quarts later and several bags of dried apples... here we are.  And I still have apples to dry. Yikes.  The kids had so much fun helping.  This was another fun memory of mine growing up.  Saucing steamy apples with my mom. I wasn't a fan of many chores, but I liked doing this one :).  When I was a kid... not as much now ;). But it's worth it! And needed.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looks good! I have many childhood memories of making applesauce as well. I still need to get around to making some this fall! Your dried apples look amazing. Awesome work!