Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Starting off

Already half way through January and things keep moving fast paced.  I think that's just life as you get older, so I need to treasure the moments!
One of the things I enjoy doing when I have a moment is ready, as many of you! Well to all you who are looking for a good book, here's my recommendation.  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society... what a mouthful!! But I loved the light, witty, intellectual, informational, and touching read.  So if you like Historical Fiction, here you go.
On another note, Happy Birthday to all you January Birthdays! My brother Zack has always been a huge Ninja Turtle fan, so for his bday he got just that :)  Loved the NT hat.
At the big family bday party, little Ella my niece, came and sat down between Kori and I.  At first I didn't realize what she was doing, but soon saw that she was mimicking us and it was adorable! Such a little lady :)
The weather has been so up and down here.  Right now it feels like spring. For a moment there we were having freezing rain.  Snow, fun... Rain, fun... both you can play in.  Freezing rain?.... bleh.  So I took Carson, Craig, William, and Ella (babysitting my niece and nephew), and we had a great time downing fries and enjoying the inside structure at BK.  Thank heavens for those simple pleasures :)
My kids are crazy... I say all the time, but I mean it in the most endearing way possible.  I love to see them happy and loving life.  But I do have to say... sometimes they are just plain CRAZY ;)

1 comment:

Shaina said...

I don't know why, but I didn't read your last 3 posts right away like I normally do. It was a treasure trove of catch-up time! The potato peel pie book is one of my all time favorites. I'm glad you liked it so much too. If you want to talk books, come to the Rattlesnake book club! Our next meeting is on Feb 13th at Ashleigh Thornock's house and the book is Midnight in Austenland.
Also, I love how your kids are crazy sometimes. And it's so true how one minute we moms are pulling our hair out and the next there's a simple, beautiful scene/moment that heals the ripped out hair :)