Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A little on the SIDE

I have come to love soccer season.  At the end of the season, Cami's coach had a scrimmage put together between the girls and their parents/families.  And let me tell ya', soccer is not easy! I have OK hand I coordination, but when it comes to my brain and feet... I'm at a loss, haha! Cami's team did so good this year, only losing one and getting first at their jamboree tournament.
Alex's team I don't think won a single game, but from the first game to the last you could see how much they had improved!! I've always been impressed with Alex's natural abilities when it comes to athletics.  No matter where they put him he did so well!
We now have a tent that finally fits the whole family, so we can do some camping this year.  But we had to test it out in the backyard first, right??  I think they slept in it the whole weekend :)
We also celebrated Memorial Day.  Every year my mom goes and puts flowers on her brother's grave.  Charles Green.  I've never met Uncle Chick, but look forward to the day!  During the Vietnam war his barracks were bombed while he was sleeping.  I can't imagine what my grandparents went through when they heard their son was gone.  I am so grateful for all our soldiers, those who have served and are serving today.  My heart swells and eyes fill when I think about them and their families.  We've had/have quite a few who have/do serve in the military within our family.   My uncle here, Jeremy's Grandpa Elliott as a marine, Jeremy's brother as a Marine, my grandpa Christian served in Okinawa, our brother-in-law is in the military today, my cousin served in Desert Storm, and Jeremy's cousin and his wife serve in the navy today.  God Bless our troops.  God Bless America.
Cami also got to go on her 5th grade Seattle field trip, finally!!!!  Up by 5am and home at 1 am the next day.  She had so much fun :)
I've also done a few projects recently.  A desk Jeremy grew up with, I dressed up a bit.
And a silhouette project above our family pictures.  It's fun to be crafty ;)

No comments: