Saturday, May 16, 2015

My little 3 year old

Our little Craig is officially 3!  It was so fun to play with him all day on his birthday.  He is finally at the age that he realizes birthdays are pretty awesome :).  He was hooting and hollering all day about everything.  Some things about Criag... he LOVES dirt.  For example, one day, when I had just given him a bath, he goes out back. I tell him... "Okay Craig, no dirt.  You just took a bath."  About 10 minutes later I go out to check on him and sure enough, he was playing in dirt, ha!  "Craig, I said no dirt!"  His response, "But Mom, I love dirt!"  I couldn't help but laugh.
He also loves games.  Any game, enough if he doesn't know how to play it at all.  We improvise quite a bit on some.  So on his birthday we played Candyland.
And trains, oh my how he loves trains.  Totally a boy :)
We also went puddle jumping on his birthday.  Last year it was so warm that we bought a slip and slide and had a bbq.  Well the rain brought a different kind of fun.  Now you have to understand something about Craig, he's not too keen on trying new things.  Like at all.  So when I first went out to take him puddle jumping, he was against it.  So I put on my sandals and showed him how it was done.  Then we did it together.  After that, we searched the whole block for any kind of puddle.  The deeper the better!
One of Craig's new favorite foods is Brownies.  He could eat a half of pan of brownies all by himself in one day, no joke!  One time I let him eat as many as he wanted and he almost did just that.  So we made birthday brownies.  All day long he would pull a chair over to the oven and ask, "Now can I have my birthday brownies??"  I, of course, told him we needed to wait.  Well he did SO good, until right before dinner.  I caught him making a swipe in his brownies ;).  He couldn't resist!
And  what boy doesn't love 'Cars' stuff.  So we got him some wall decals for his room.
The last present was his new little stryder bike.  He took to it well! I was actually surprised he even tried it.  But with all the other big kids biking around, he wanted to be biking too :).  Thanks Grandma Ellie!
The 3 fingers :)
Oh we love you so much Craig!  Happy happy birthday!  With lots of kisses and hugs! :*

No comments: