Friday, April 10, 2009

Can you do this?


This is my sister Jessica. Yesterday my mom took us to Walla Walla, WA to go watch Jessica pole vault. This was my first meet I've been able to see this season.



Completely vertical and going higher.







My sister amazes me. Jessica can fly high, 12'1" in the air. She's so fun to watch and I just love her. She's leaving to South Dakota this fall for college for a scholarship in Pole Vaulting. Dang I'm going to miss her. I don't even really like to think about it too much. I'm so proud of her. Thanks to mom and dad, they help get me every where so I can see her one last season. Love you guys.

5 comments:

Ashleigh said...

ummm, WOW! She is so awesome! I haven't been able to see many pole vaulters in action. It's hard and the people that I have seen do it are not THAT good. All I can say is, WOW. It will be sad to have your sister move so far away. I've told my sister that she has to move to the west coast when she gets settled and married, but she wants to travel and teach in like Africa or something. I hope not! I would die!

Ashleigh said...

P.S. She's freaking gorgeous! Your family has got some good genes ;-)

Maylin said...

No, I've tried pole vaulting when I did track in high school and it was far from easy. I couldn't even get the pole to bend! She totally rocks! A scholarship even? That's awesome!

hayleyharts said...

I Know she is amazing and I am going to miss jessica too! oh and I love the flowers! those are so cute..we are going to have to do those..kate would love doing that! thanks for the idea!

Trishelle said...

I totally meant to comment about this post! I can't believe how grown up Jessica is!! She seriously rocks! Pole Vaulters are awesome! You guys must be so proud!! Please send her our congrats on her success!!