Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend


This Sunday some of us weren't feeling 100%, but we still wanted to get dressed and remember Easter Sunday. I look at my kids and my heart is instantly overflowing with love, pride, and joy. They are my world. They are hard work... they drive me crazy, push my buttons, test my patience... I have to put MYSELF in time out sometimes. But with all that comes a greater love that backs up all that effort. They are worth it all and so much more. When I contemplate on my love for my kids, I understand better now, why the Savior did what He did. To Him, we were worth it and so much more. He gave it all, His very own life... for us, for me. I am touched and forever grateful. He gave us the gift of eternal life. There is no greater gift than this. Because of my Savior, my hope and faith in Him is what moves me. It's what gets me through the day. He is my anchor. I hope and pray that I may some day, with my family hand in hand (an unbreakable grip), return to live with Him again.

To keep Easter tradition, Grandma Elli helped us out with some new Easter outfits. Thanks Gail... we sure love you!



Alex refused to tuck in his shirt. That's okay Alex, your still quite handsome bud!


That's my baby boy! I love those cheeks Carson!



Yep... we have a dog... his name is Tanner. We're not quite sure what he is but we've made up his own breed name.... He's a Jack -dalwiener.








This year Cami REALLY wanted to do an Easter Egg Hunt Party. I try not to push away passion, since party planning is her favorite thing, I said... OK. So Cami and Alex wanted to invite everyone in their primary... so we pretty much did. We have a small primary so I wasn't too worried. The Saturday before Easter, we had their friends over. Anyway, Cami and Alex had a blast, and that was my goal. Mission accomplished!













Sidewalk chalking with friends, while waiting for the others to arrive.








Patiently waiting inside while dads hide the eggs.







Off they go!!! It's a smaller primary we have, like I said. ;)

6 comments:

TyLeen said...

You are such a cool mom, you have such a cute family, and your kids...what can I say! CUTE! I still haven't taken pictures of my kids in their Easter clothes...maybe I can dress them up sometime this week!

Dani said...

Your family is so beautiful! I love that ALL of you match for Easter. Way to go!

hayleyharts said...

I love all the pictures!! Looks like the easter egg hunt was a real hit! I know kate would have loved it. They all look so cute in their matching clothes..I think for easter matching is a very good thing.

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh! It HAS been forever. I'm so glad you found my blog. Alex cracks me up--he totally looks like a Christian baby. So good to touch base. How are your sports still coming along? Any time with three kids?

Trishelle said...

They are some pretty awesome kids! Buttons will definitely be pushed, but seriously, you are one of the most patient, loving and nurturing moms I have ever met. There are days when I think of you and think, "I need to be more like Carina". You really are fantastic.

One thing is certain, those kids must go to bed each night knowing they are completely and utterly adored by their Momma.

I'm glad Easter was so fun for everyone. I love that Cami wanted an Easter egg hunt party. What a social butterfly she must be!

travisking said...

Man your family is so cute. to bad your husband is such a nerd. :) I hope all is well and I love you guys. thinking about you Travis