Sunday, April 26, 2009

Garden Lovers


To start off... gardening isn't really my thing. I grew up with a big garden and I know it takes a lot of work. It's all worth it, I have come to learn, but you need to keep up with it. My husband on the other hand just LOVES it! Everything about it. So this year he's planting, well... pretty much everything! Let's see here... pumpkin, watermelon, crenshaw, potatoes, corn, cabbage, broccoli, squash ( a couple of kinds), carrots, cucumber, tomatoes ( several different kinds), egg plant, zuchinni, green beans, peppers, I believe a few different kinds of herbs, strawberries, and who knows what else he'll throw out there. You know what though, I love this about him. His passion for learning and his ability to do pretty much anything and do well at it, is a quality in him I love. So MY big part in all this gardening this year is to CAN IT! Yes, it's about time I started canning. Hopefully my mom will come out and teach me this summer. So if anyone has any tips about canning just let me know. :O] This should be a fun summer!

Cami loves gardening just the same. (That's Jeremy's good influence) She loves to see it grow and of course to HARVEST! Sometimes she harvests alittle premature but she's a quick learner.

Jeremy is showing Cami where to put the corn seeds. Of course she follows, (nourishing her own seeds of faith:)

Now this is Alex's favorite place to harvest... the BLACKBERRY BUSH! It's so funny to see when he's done picking... you can tell there's more eating then picking. :P But of course that's half the fun.

Here's Tanner basking in the warm sun trying to stay out of our planted soil... finally it's starting to get warm enough to plant!

8 comments:

Allen Family said...

I wish I could have a garden. That sounds like a lot of fun.

TyLeen said...

It has been nice weather around here. I would be totally happy to help you can your stuff. I always can peaches during the summer, and during the fall I want to can up more stew. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck with your garden Anderson family!

Trishelle said...

AWESOME! It's going to be a glorious summer!! I wish upon you the biggest pumpkins, most luscious corn crops and the most delectable veggies ever! May you be busy with lots to can during the harvest to enjoy all year long!

He-Man loves gardening too. It's so cool to see daddies teaching their children how to do it.

I love you! Thanks so much for the encouragement. It made my afternoon. :)

Rebecca said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog! So do we!! Email me and I will invite you to see it. snshnrn@hotmail.com. And your kids are SO CUTE!!

Trujillo family said...

I wish I could have a garden that was big enough to fit all of that. I am with you Carina, I am going to try to learn how to can this year :p We'll see if it happens. Your family is so adorable! I can't believe how big your kiddos have gotten!

Trishelle said...

Chrissy just saw me looking at your profile and said, "Carina! Cami!" She was so excited to see your pictures too!

Corinne said...

Wow! Sounds like you're going to have lots of yummy food this summer! We should get together and can some of it!

Natalie said...

Carina!!! Hello my dear friend, it has been so long! I just found your blog and I am so happy. Your children are beautiful. I hope all is well :)