Wednesday, May 6, 2009

PaSt + PreSenT + FutUre = MemOry LaNe



This last weekend I got to return to good ol' Rexburg, ID. It brought back so many memories and feelings. In Rexburg, my life changed. I.....

1. Called to order pizza for the first time by myself. (Pathetic, I know)
2. Learned how to drive a stick shift... compliments to my roommate Anna and her awesome GEO METRO!! :)
3. Found my love for running and exercising.
4. Found the love of my life! (Picture of us from a couple of years ago up above)
5. Met some of the neatest people that I will NEVER forget.
6. Had my very first job. (Outside of working for my dad)
7. Gained an enormous understanding of my Savior's love for me.
8. Learned to overcome some of my shyness and gained some self confidence.
9. Found my love for science, health, and just studying.
10. Found out that sleeping in the back of a U-Haul with my hubby for a couple of days, because our apartment wasn't quite ready, isn't so bad! :)
11. Found me... who I wanted to be and what life is really about.

It was the most important time in my life for me and I am forever grateful for it.

Now the reason I was up there this last weekend was because my little brother was blessing his first baby. William James Christian. He looks just like his dad. (And I wish SO BADLY that I could have gone to see my other nephew, Colton, that was just blessed in Missouri... time and money wouldn't allow... He's a cutie though Shelly!!! I saw the pics mom and dad took. He's a perfect mix of both Logan and Mason. Cutie!)


It was fun to watch my little brother and sweet wife take care of their first child. They are such sweet parents and are finding that having a baby is a sweet mix of adjustment and enjoyment. :)



After eating and talking to company we had a little photo shoot. Crystal knitted Williams baby blessing blanket, and did a beautiful job. And she's going to teach me how to knit when she and Tyler come down! I'm so excited because I need to be more crafty and find more outlets for myself. We had a wonderful time. (Thank you mom and dad for giving me and the kids a ride!)

Now as for the future, I've decided where my ultimate dream vacation will be someday... New Zealand! While visiting in Rexburg, I met a recent addition to Crystal's family, and they are from New Zealand. They were a pleasant family and my ears were locked to their conversations about their homeland. It sounds beautiful! Hopefully some day we'll be able to visit the place.

Just for kicks... this is one of Crystal's cousin from New Zealand... how old do you think she is?

6 comments:

hayleyharts said...

This is such a cute post! the pizza thing always cracks me up. I think we can all say how much we grow up when we get out on our own! and I love seeing little William. Thanks for the pics. and Z land sounds great! can we come?!!ha ha. I think she is around 24?

Trishelle said...

Carina, I'm so glad you got to go! What a wonderful opportunity to celebrate your life as a student AND where you are now. It's a great thing.

You are a beautiful person and have no doubt that Rexburg only refined your awesomeness (since I'm sure you rocked even before then.)

By the way, the cousin from New Zealand, I'm guessing is 16?

Allen Family said...

I'm really glad that you were able to make it for the baby blessing. I wish that you would have called me because I would have loved to see you. But it's okay. This is really sad but I didn't even know Tyler was married.

Jacob and Shelly said...

I love the pics and the post. We're so excited for Tyler and Crystal. We totally understand the distance thing, there's many family things that we wish we could have come back for too. But at least we'll get to see you all in Sept! love ya!

Jamie said...

It was so good to hear from you! I didn't know you had another little boy! He looks like right around Kinsley's age. I can't believe how big your kids are! I'm glad everything is good with you guys.

Miche said...

I love your posts! It reminds me of the amazing person you are! I seriously don't know anyone like you and I miss you so much! Your memory lane reminded me of our first few months in Oregon and how you took me under your wing and made it such an easy adjustment! I will be forever grateful to you! We need to talk and catch up email me your phone number.