Monday, May 11, 2009

To All Those Mothers Out There

"Your success as a family... our success as a nation... depends not on what happens inside the White House, but on what happens inside YOUR HOUSE." - Barbara Bush

"...yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it." - Alma 56:47-48

"Mothers go longer on less sleep and give more to others with less personal renewal for themselves than any other group I know at any other time in life. It is not surprising when the shadows under their eyes sometimes vaguely resemble the state of Rhode Island." - Elder Holland

"It's no wonder that Satan has declared war on motherhood. He knows that those who rock the cradle can rock his earthly empire. And he knows that without righteous mothers loving and leading the next generation, the kingdom of God will fail. When we understand the magnitude of motherhood, it becomes clear why prophets have been so protective of women's most sacred role." - Sheri L. Dew

I read these quotes today that our Relief Society put together for us. I was touched, empowered, and uplifted to take on the role I have as a mother. It's not easy, but down right worth it... especially when it means taking care of one of these cute, little hoolagens. :)

3 comments:

hayleyharts said...

thanks for the quotes . I needed those especially today! and it looks like you had a great day yesterday. You have always been such a good example to me as a mother and sister-in-law. and so good to my girls too. they love you so much!

Trishelle said...

Carina, thank you so much for sharing these thoughts. They were exactly what I needed.

Being a mom is a pretty amazing thing, isn't it?! I never knew I would love being one and love my kids as much as I do. It truly gives me, in a small degree, a glimpse of how our Heavenly Father feels about His children.

PS. I'm so glad you enjoyed the "Princess Bride". It really is a fantastic movie!!

Allen Family said...

I really appreciate the quotes. It sure does make a women feel special.

She is a boxer. We really like her. Just for future, if you ever want to get a boxer the color is called Brindle.