Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hot Hubby of the Month****

I know it's Mother's Day and all but I just had to nominate my husband for Hot Hubby of the Month! Over Mother's Day weekend he has been lavishing me with sweet service, gifts, affection, and fun activities. I must be a good mom, huh! (LOL... j'k). On Friday night he surprised me with a fun date night. He bought me the movie "Princess Bride"... which I hadn't seen all the way through yet, (surprising, I know). AND brought home tons of movie goodies and made me the MOST delicious chocolate dipped strawberries I have ever had. He sure made it a fun night. :)

Then on Saturday we went over to my parents house and celebrated Mother's Day with my mom. Jeremy and the guys helped make the day quite enjoyable for the wives. But this blog wouldn't be complete without me saying how much I love my mother.
I just have to say this:
*She makes the best cinnamon rolls... you don't even need frosting for them.
*Her laugh is down right contagious, 'cause once she's laughing we all are.
*She has the most BEAUTIFUL blue eyes I've ever seen.
*When she sings I always want to start singing with her.
*She always makes time for me, no matter how darn busy she is.
I adore her, love her, and thank my Heavenly Father for this beautiful mother of mine.
(This is my mom. This was taken a few years ago... and it obviously doesn't do her blue eyes justice.)
And can I just say this too... I also have the BEST mother-in-law anyone could ask for! And not many people usually say things like that about their in-laws, but I sincerely have the best. She has been so sweet, loving, welcoming, giving, and down right inspiring since the day I met her. (I love you Gail, and I hope you know that!)
Back to my hot hubby... this morning he and Cami served me breakfast in bed, which is always enjoyable... I even got to sleep in 'til 9! They also brought presents, which included chocolate and a new camera! Jeremy says the camera is from the kids. :) All day long my kids kept showering me with love and affection. When Jeremy got home from church he made dinner. Now just to let you know, when Jeremy cooks... it's always amazing. It's not just amazing though, is gourmet and usually looks so beautiful you don't want to eat it. He doesnt' just slop whatever on the table, (like I do), he goes all out! We had homemade pizza for dinner, and it was deeeeelectable!
I love this man of mine. Thank you so much Jeremy, Cami, Alex, Carson and all those who made this weekend so special.
****P.S. The answer from the last blog is........ she's 10 yrs old. I made a fool of myself when I asked how old she was because I didn't believe her and kept demanding her to tell me what her real age was. She was such a sweetie to me and my kids.

2 comments:

Trishelle said...

Carina, it looks like you had a well deserved date night/Mother's Day weekend. It's great to see you showered with love this weekend. Your family is lucky to have you.

So what did you think of the Princess Bride?! It's makes my heart all aflutter! I would totally recommend reading the book together! It's a TON of fun!

Dani said...

What a fabulous Mother's Day weekend!! You definitely deserved it.