Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Chef is in the HOUSE!

I have often contemplated on the thought to switch seats with Jeremy. He can sew better than I, is handy at just about everything, a wonderful teacher and father... but above all that, I think he should be our all time cook! My poor kids get leftovers often, an occasional creative meal, cereal or pancakes for dinner, boxed dinners, 'snack' (miscellaneous foods) dinner/lunch, and every once in awhile pizza. But man, if Jeremy was cooking, it would be 'A la Gourmet' every night! (or so it would seem, cause every time he cooks it's fantastic!) The other night I wasn't feeln' the whole whip something up to feed the family thing... I was starting to think of what we had left in the fridge that I could pull out, when Jeremy started pulling out some ingredients. What was he making?... homemade Alfredo sauce poured on some tortelloni, seasoned chicken, and steamed broccoli! Mmmmm... I'd order that over any Olive Garden dish... it was divine!

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

can he please cook something up for me? I pull out the cereal when I'm stuck...or lazy...or breathing...

Lisa said...

maybe it seems he can cook up more creative things than you but that's because he doesn't have to do it everyday, three times a day! It's different when it seems like a 'chore' to have to figure out what to have. At least it seems that way for me.

Trishelle said...

Wowsers!! That looks amazing! I'm so glad your husband treats you to a night off AND amazing meals like this! What a talent and it's pretty too!