Saturday, September 8, 2012

His thing - Their thing

Alex goes through spurts of different likes and hobbies... well, I think everyone does.  But I think Alex's little fetish lately is kind of cute.  He'll keep the scraps he cuts out from school and glue them in all sorts of ways to make them look like different creatures.  And then he does what any other boy would do with them... Battle them :)
Also, a couple of the neighbor kids have been coming over after school and playing all sorts of make believe with our kiddos out in the backyard.  I found this 'nest' this morning while weeding the rock.  At first I'm thinking to myself, "I really wish they would keep dirt with the dirt, and rock with the rock, and grass with the grass."  Haha, but then as I look at it more and admire it's realistic look, I couldn't help but smile and grab my camera.  The creative makings of a child.  It's still there... and I'll probably leave it for when they come over the next school day to continue their play time :).
And this is just cute to me.  The kids made up this up after school yesterday.  Lol, it always kind of makes me laugh :)

1 comment:

Allen Family said...

Love the video of Alex! Awesome! I also love that very cool nest. Glad you could capture it.