Thursday, October 24, 2013

Leaves are Falling on the Ground

Each season illuminates it's individual excitement, and I love them all! But I have to say, Fall is one of my favorites.  Maybe it's the pleasant cool of weather that I breathe which awakes me. Or maybe it's the warm burning colors of reds, oranges, yellows, browns, and greens that bring variety to my sight.  The foggy mornings with sunshine billowing through over the river, will always capture my soul as I go for walks in the morning.  And there's always that anticipation that holidays are near! There are many reasons, but for the kids... I REALLY think...
Its the LEAVES!!!!  (For example:  A wind storm hit about 3 weeks ago that caused neighboring tree branches to fall in the streets and our yard.  After the storm had passed Cami ran and collected all the broken branches and piled them in our yard. Together the kids ripped off the few leaves on the branches and made a miniature pile of leaves for them to jump into!  I had to laugh... until I had to clear out all the branches ;)
We went for a walk to the park the other morning and played in the carpet of leaves on the ground.  Craig Loved it, and we had leaf wars :)
Tanner was with us too, and oh what a good sport he was.  He just sat there, in between playing fetch, and let the kids dump buckets of leaves on him.  What a good dog!  

1 comment:

Allen Family said...

Leaves are a great activity. We need to get outside more while it is warmer. Life has just been so busy.