Monday, August 25, 2014

End of Summer

I feel like we've went out with a bang this summer.  Shoving everything we can in before school starts :)
Like one more water fight with cousins... and an extra saggy/soggy bum ;)
Harvesting our garden... how did I miss that zucchini!! The funny thing was, I just picked the zucchini that morning... totally missed that one.
A few last late nights... even with sister :)
Canning many foods.  I love Jeremy so much.  He canned all the peaches he bought all by himself.  With a touch of help from the kids... I was so grateful! Being big and preggo makes canning much less appealing.  I get tired way too easily :/
And our birds have had a few 'outside of the cage' meetings.  One day, after coming home from Tri-Cities, I noticed the bird cage was open and they were all gone! I searched everywhere, and then found them hiding behind the lazy boy the in the living room. HA! Silly birds
And one last big Hooray! before school started.  We hit the river.  Some old family friends of my parents brought their jet skis for the weekend and my boys (including Jeremy) were in heaven! Ever since Alex saw a kid jet skiing on the Yakima when we were playing at the riverside at a nearby boat launch, he's been talking about riding one.  And then... he got to live his dream :)
Plus, many over piled tube rides with cousins :)
Carson has some serious crazy faces, haha!
The kids finished the day off with kneeboarding.  Each working on their cutting and crossing the wake.
Cami
Alex.  He was proud of his spray ;)
And Carson! This one surprised me.  The other kids have all gone before, but this was Carson's very first time.  I was a little leery to let him try it... but whataya' know.  He was cutting back n forth like a mad man.  It was pretty darn cute.
And now... time for school :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So fun! Thats awesome the way your kids just take to kneeboarding. Looks like a great summer!