Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Each Day Is a New Adventure!


Life is full of unexpected moments, sometimes fun and sometimes trialsome. But as for these last few days I can gratefully say, IT's Been a Blast! Over the weekend we all drove to Seattle to do, well... alot of things actually. First we met up with Grandma Ellie and Aunt Launa to spend the weekend together. We went to Pike's Market Saturday morning and enjoyed all the excitement that goes on there. There's too much to describe, but it is definitely a recommended stop for anyone that is a Saturday's Market lover. :) But the kids sure enjoyed the 'Kid's Zone' that was featured there.
1. First, Grandma Ellie helping the kids plant their own seeds in a cup. ;)
2. Then we let the kids make their own pig snouts. Carson (pic at top of blog) is demonstrating how cute it looks. I was impressed he didn't try ripping it off. He just sat there and smiled! :)
3. After that Launa and Jeremy took the kids to make their very first ZUCHINNI CARS! I had to go feed Carson, and Gail came with me as my buddy (Thanks for coming with me Gail). Apparently there was a race and Alex's car won! Way to go Bud!

At the end of the street we all got a pic of everyone by the waterfront.
4. Then we loaded the van with everyone and drove to Tacoma to watch my sister compete in the pole vault at State. (Thanks to everyone that came to support her!) She won! She won at 11' 9''. Her personal record is 12'5'', and we are just so proud of her! It's the second year in a row that she's won state. Way to go Jess!! (This is a pic of us just a week before. Yes... she is much taller than I... she likes to call me 'Shorty'. ;O])

5. When that was all said and done, we got a bite to eat at Chili's and headed off to the movie theatre. There we got to enjoy our very first 3-D movie! We went to the movie 'UP'. If I could rate that movie, I would rate it 'E' for Everyone!! I just loved it. It's one of my favorite animated movies now. After the show, Gail and Launa took a family pic of us with our stylish 3-D glasses. :)

6. After that Gail and Launa took the 2 older kids for the rest of the night! (Thank you so much guys!!!) Then Jeremy and I got to spend some time celebrating our 7th year anniversary. It seems like it's gone so fast, sometimes too fast. But through it all, all I have to say is... he was the BEST decision I have ever made. I love you Jeremy!

7. After spending just alittle more time with Gail and Launa, we finally headed home on Sunday. It was a blast being with them! Love you guys!
8. Then on Monday evening we went and celebrated my sister-in-law's 29th Bday! She requested the Red Robin's famous Mud Pie for her birthday cake. Great choice Haley!

9. On Tuesday we had some cousin time! Josh and Amy, Jeremy's brother, came down for a visit. Their two little girls are adorable and with such fun characters! Thanks for hanging with us guys! Amy calls Kayli's little ponytails her 'antennas'. :) To have Kayli and Dakota around was such a treat!

All in all this weekend was full, and full of fun. Life happens so fast, which makes capturing these moments priceless.

9 comments:

Allen Family said...

The Saturday Market looks like a fun place to go. I love the cars and the pig snouts. So cute! I'm glad you had a good time. It's always nice to just relax.

Happy 7th!

The Woolner Family said...

Boy! You guys were busy. But looks like fun.

Natalie said...

Wow what a wonderful weekend!!! And way to go Jessica...winning state two years in a row??!! Amazing! I am glad that you and Jer got to have some time for just the two of you.

Dani said...

What a fun trip!! Looks like a blast. I love spending time with family. You look amazing by the way!

TyLeen said...

Carina you look so good! You inspire me! I love the market place in Seattle. I have never been there with all that fun kids stuff though! Yeah for fun family outings!

Miche said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you guys had a great weekend!

Corinne said...

Sounds like you guys have had your share of busyness and fun! How great that you got to spend those special moments with your kids and sister!

Trishelle said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are amazing! It's a great thing to know you are so happy because you deserve it! I sure love and miss ya!

hayleyharts said...

what a fun post! I love carson's mask...that is the cutest thing ever! and I am glad you guys had such a fun anniversary. even though it was not by yourself it still looked like a lot of fun. and very memorable. thats what counts.