Friday, August 7, 2009

History Anyone?


This cute face is just a piece of our little history on Anderson Ave. (My sister-in-law took this pic when we were together at the zoo last month... it makes me laugh every time I see it. Thanks for all those pics Launa!!)

But as for our history in where we live... there's more to it than I realized. Yesterday we got to go to the 100th year anniversary parade for Grandview, WA. I was able to be apart in helping put together a little 'float' in the parade for our church. (Thank you SO much to all those who helped with this! ) The motto was "Faith in Every Footstep". I felt it was fitting for the 100th year celebration of Grandview.



The kids had fun collecting candy and watching the parade go by! We haven't been to very many of these, and I think if we can, we'll try to attend more! They are so fun!

P.S. To those who have already read this blog:
LOL.... if you didn't catch it... Harry S. Truman did NOT live in Grandview, WA... there is NOT a national site here.... He actually lived in Grandview, MO.... I can't help but laugh at myself, and many others laughing at me I'm sure. :) The only info that was true is that we did become a city on September 21, 1909 and we do average about 8,500 people here in our wonderful town of Grandview, WASHINGTON. :) That's what I get for trying to research some history with little ones around me. :)

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I never knew that either! We'll have to all take a trip to the farm. Oh, that reminds me. We got a flyer last night for Bill's Berry Farm and they have a ton of really fun stuff for the kids. Pony rides, hayrides, something about a goat walk, barnyard train rides, apple picking, pumpkin picking. Lots of stuff. We want to take a trip out there with you guys sometime. It's only on Saturdays and it starts Sept. 19th-Oct. 24th. Anyway, looked like something we'd all enjoy doing. Thanks for hanging with us last night. It was fun!

Miche said...

I am back in the blogging world. That is a really cute pic of your little one! Very cute kids. Looks like you are all doing great and having fun!

TiAnn said...

That would be extremely interesting to learn about the history of your town. How fun & it looks like your kids enjoyed themselves.