Tuesday, October 20, 2009

FALL HARVEST


To begin with we had a wonderful harvest this year.... many types of produce coming out our ears!!! We feel blessed and I have quite enjoyed learning how to can our tomatoes and a few other things. (Melissa, thank you for taking the time to teach me! Even when you were sick and pregnant. :O]) We counted 41 pumpkins this year! I LOVE PUMPKINS! And we were able to make good use of them this year for the primary children in our ward.
Carson quite enjoyed his mountain of squash to climb. :)

While Cami was at school, Alex was our little harvester, right next to his dad. Thank goodness that squash can store all winter! NUM!!! (At least that's what Carson would say).

6 comments:

TiAnn said...

How fun! Gardening is so rewarding, and there's nothing better than eating something you've grown. What an enormous pile of produce! I bet your kiddos have loved it too. They are so cute!

Allen Family said...

That looks like so much fun. Good work for being so great at gardening.

The Holloway's said...

That is seriously so FUN...I love that you have your own garden & that it is so "fruitful"! I wish we were up there to help take so of that off your hands...maybe we will have to try out our green thumbs here in AZ!

Natalie said...

Wow, I can't even imagine how large and beautiful your garden is! I thought only farmers have fall harvests. You guys are inspirational to me.

Erin said...

I love fall too!! It's my favorite time of year!! We didn't get near the amount of food out of our garden though!!

Shawny said...

What fun for your kids! "Working" in the garden is always fun- even if all they do is squish and destroy :)