Saturday, March 5, 2011

B squared


Cami just finished her last game of AAU basketball today. Her team never won a game and scored only one basket each time. Only 3 of the girls have ever made a basket, (this is including practice). And only half of them could get the ball to barely touch the net when shooting. LOL! But she had so much fun, loved learning the sport, and improved a ton by the end of the season. In hind site, I think I would have waited at least another year before I put her in AAU bball, becuase they just don't have the strength or aggressive intuition for sports at this age.

Here is her team: The Grandvew Tigers!!


And this week I had another birthday. One more year until the big 3 - 0!! It was a wonderful birthday. Breakfast from hubby. Morning Temple session. Lunch with dad and family on his lunch break. Shopping with mom without kids, (Thank you Jeremy :). Delicious dinner by hubby. Movie with kids. And WINCO maple bars!! Cards, birthday wishes, gifts... I was overwhelmed and touched by all those who thought of me and made this day special. Thank you to all and God bless!

5 comments:

The Medrano's said...

How cute!!! I want to get Arieanna in AAU, maybe I'll just wait until you put Cami in again!!! And Happy, Happy Birthday!I can't believe I forgot it, it's okay though, I'll make it up to ya;)

Ashleigh said...

WHAT? I missed ANOTHER birthday? Carina, what kind of a friend am I???? Goodness, I thought I was pretty good when I thought it was your birthday last month and I was going to make sure you knew I hadn't forgotten. Then when you told me it wasn't until this month, I vowed to remember so I wouldn't seem like such a crappy friend. Wow, I'm awesome. Well, happy belated birthday Carina! Next year, make sure to call me and remind me so I can "randomly" drop by and give you goodies. Sheesh!

Rebecca said...

Ouch. You're young. My 3-0 is in 2 months. Ugh. Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like it was awesome!

The Woolner Family said...

Mmm. Maple bars are also my favorite. Must be a pieces thing. Happy Birthday!

Miche said...

Happy late Birthday! Your little family is growing up! They are so cute.