Monday, May 23, 2011

Hula Champion!

This last weekend I have come to realize that I am one of the WORST hula hoopers in the world! Haha, I guess I just don't know how to swing my hips just right to get the darn hoop going... lol. But I was impressed with some of those that could. First off, my little sis turned 20... 20?!! (Sigh... sniff, sniff). And so Jess came home from Eastern for the weekend and we all gathered in celebration.And THIS little girl is what got it all started. She brought over her little hula hoop and impressed us with her neverending skills. Seriously, we timed her and she hula-ed for 7 whole minutes and only stopped because it was getting boring! Quite impressive little Kate!

So I went to the store with Jess and bought her two hula hoops for her birthday... (I know, kind of an unusual gift for a 20 year old, but she let me get them for her anyway:). But then Jess showed us her mad skills, (this is when I discovered how horrible I was at hula-ing). So there was a small competition between Aunt Jessie and little Kate! Who won?.... Sorry don't remember... lasted too long and I think I got side tracked... haha.

And then Jess wanted to see if she could do 4 at a time!? Successful she was!

We all enjoyed some family time and got a couple of pics of some of it before my camera died!.... of course.


Happy Birthday sis, auntie, and friend!!

3 comments:

Shaina said...

Carina! I think the strangest part about "getting older" isn't getting married or having kids--it's when my SIBLINGS get older! In my mind, my 3 younger siblings are frozen at the ages they were when I left for college...7 years ago. A lot happens in 7 years! For example, next month I have one brother graduating high school and another brother getting married. Younger brothers and sisters are supposed to stay YOUNG! haha, ok, what I'm trying to say is I totally understand what you mean about having a 20 year old younger sister. By the way, I've never been good at hula-hooping or dancing or anything requiring coordination. It's fun to try though!! :)

The Medrano's said...

Man she's good:) Maybe I should learn that so I can get rid of my middle section!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Give your sis a shout out for me...Happy Birthday!!

Trishelle said...

I can't believe your baby sister is 20!! I love and admire how close you are to each other. Certainly, that is something that will always enrich your lives.