Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Riverside

Yesterday the kids and I went to the Columbia River and had alitte bit of muddy fun while waiting for Jeremy and Grandpa Steve to bring the new (actually older, and recently spruced up by Jeremy's handy dandy work and effort) fishing boat that Jeremy's ex-step dad gave him. The kids were itching to at least put their feet in the water, so I gave in (despite my ridiculous fear of the water, mainly rivers and oceans) and it was quite refreshing!








The kids had so much fun making and tossing mud balls. Then digging in the ground for gigantic rocks to throw. Little did we know, and later we found out, the mosquitos (that I did not see) had gotten Alex a few times.
I absolutely love how the simpilest things can be so fun for children. :)














The boat ride was wonderful with perfect weather for it. And I do believe that this will be a frequent family outing. It was funny because Alex wanted to jump in the river, so we let him... his face was in total shock, lol. It was c-c-c-cold!!











1 comment:

The Medrano's said...

I wanna go boating with you!! I love doing things like that:) Looks like the kids had a blast!! Man, in that last pic of Cami, she soo looks like you!