Friday, August 12, 2011

New Things

We've enjoyed this week of August :). We've registered for school, (which surprisingly took over an HOUR to finish all the paper work... phew), we had cousin Kate and Brooke over for a sleepover, and then we headed down to Grandma and pa Cheeto's house for a Grandkid slumber party! After pizza, a movie, and carmel corn, all the grandkids went for their first after dark swim, woohoo!

We watched 'Soul Surfer' so Alex was the shark chasing all the girls, haha, he Loved it! It was also fun to see them all try swimming with just one arm. I was surprisingly impressed!

Carson sported pink and purple because I forgot the appropriate attire for him... but this picture just makes me laugh!

3 little Mermaids :)

Then around 10:30.... they crashed. That was part of our plotted plan to wear them out with swimming ;). It worked.

Then in the morning before breakfast, those who felt energetic and old enough, went for a hike... I really don't know what I'm doing there, haha.

It was sandy and steep, but the girls were such troopers!

I quickly caught a pic of Cami and Kate Running to the top... little energizer bunnies :).

Yeah! We made it!! At the top we pulled out our granola bars to hold us over before our decent down to breakfast.

The view... it was amazing. I've grown up in Tri-Cities most of my life, and I promise you, it didn't use to look this occupied. But what's even more spectacular is that we have a Temple now in Tri-Cities!! What a blessing! Can you spot it out there?


On our way down, mom spotted a little lizard! We all gathered around to see this tiny creature... much better than spotting a Rattlesnake. (I do have to admit, those snakes were in my thoughts on this hike, and a pleading in my prayers to not encounter one! ;)

Now the real reason Alex didn't want to come on the hike was because he wanted to be one of the firsts to step foot in the bounce house!! :) Boy cousins are out numbered here, so Grandma catered to them with the Monster Truck theme, thanks grandma!

Brooke and Kenzie May also stayed for the first dibs in jumping :)... I love these girls, such cuties!
Then there was Carson and William. I get a kick out of watching these two play together. They like to stay close, but not sure if they want to share the same toys, haha! I believe they will grow up to be good cousin buddies :).


Then more swimming. Alex has officially graduated from floaties to free sailing! He enjoys the freedom of it all :).

I decided to stay over one more night because Jeremy was out fishing with the boys :). So the next morning mom and dad took us out on their boat. I love this pic, dad was trying to be serious like that one pic of the couple with the pitch fork on the farm, but he couldn't help but crack a smile ;).

All of us boaters posed for a picture:).

Then to my surprise Cami and Alex wanted to learn how to kneeboard! They did so well, I couldn't believe how quickly they caught on! They never cease to amaze me. They learned far much sooner than I ever did. I think when I was their age I was crying when my dad went too fast on the innertube! Haha, lame I know... but it just shows you, our kids, this generation, are in a league of their own!

After the kiddos took a turn, I went on the wake board. I was quite rusty, but I do have to say the cheers of my kiddos inspired me to try harder! After I crashed and burned a couple of times, I came inside and Carson says, "Good job mom! You did so good mom!" Anyone else could have said the same thing, but it wouldn't have meant as much.


Mom and dad finished the day with some slaloming. They too impress me... just how active they still are. Sure love them.


It definitely was a memorable week. I am definitely SORE from wake boarding! Just need to do it more right?, well at least that's what Cami said :).

4 comments:

The Medrano's said...

Oh looks like a lot of fun!! We so need to get together and do something;-) I miss you!

Dedre said...

now that's a lot of fun in a few days!!

what a blessing it is to have a temple, I agree!

Allen Family said...

Looks like an awesome week. So much fun to get together and have all the family around.

Lisa said...

You guys are going to have awesome memories. What fun. Good thing you're getting lots of fun in before summer ends, especially since it didn't seem quite long enough.