Monday, August 22, 2011

Testing the Waters

This last weekend Jer launched his boat in the water so he could: 1-see if it floats, 2-put the bunks on his trailer. So the kids and I hung around the boat to make sure all was well while Jeremy worked on the trailer. The kids found a little area that entertained them most of the time. And it had several....

TADPOLES!!!

Honestly it kinda grossed me out lookn' at the slimy thing on Cami's hands... Eeeeeewwww!

My favorite part was our dog Tanner. He is not one for water... actually his only desire water has been solely to quench his thirst. But we got him to swim voluntarily! Of course my camera battery dies at the time. But I got the biggest kick out of watching him inch into the water to fetch the sticks we threw for him. And when it got too deep, he would stop and contemplate whether it was worth it for him to swim for it, or wait until we throw a different one for him. Anyway, I'm not the biggest animal lover, but I have come to love our dog.


4 comments:

The Medrano's said...

EEEEWWWW! That does look pretty slimy and yucky lol! Cami is such a little cutie with those bangs of hers though!! And your dog is awesome! I love how he's so friendly:-)

Allen Family said...

I'm agree with Eeewwww! I have a hard time touching fish but the kids seem to do just fine. Our dog is the same way with the water. I also agree that it is funny to watch them inch into the water and turn back.

Dedre said...

wow. cami held that with the biggest smile. How cute. my girls would be running screaming. :)

Gary or Carol said...

You do such a great blog...probably because of the "material" you have to work with.