Monday, November 14, 2011

Changes

First off... the weather. So we have only one tree, LITTLE tree, in our front yard. And as you can tell it hasn't even dropped it's leaves. That crazy wind blew everyone else's leaves into our front yard. LOL, I know this is almost everyone's ordeal, because I've heard it before. But when I woke up the next morning, seeing this just made me burst out laughing... we now have plenty of leaves to jump in this fall. Alex said, "This feels like Christmas!!" Simple things can be simple pleasures :).Second off, our pantry door. I've been needing to do SOMETHING with this door... stained or painted, either way. So Jer came up with an awesome idea to splash it with some color. So we took some left over paint and colored it a deep cranberry red. Love it. Before:After: Now just as a side note, I would advise anyone who doesn't have a steady hand, such as myself... use vinyl! Lol. I only say this, because it took me 2 hours to hand paint that phrase. From a distance it looks great. Up close it's a different story. Haha, but that's okay... it has ME written all over it.Third, we now have good tasting water. At times I wondered if our water was one of the reasons I got so naustious, so much chlorine. Even Cami refused to drink it, which became difficult to get her to drink Any water. But now Jer drilled and installed a new filter system, which we can't seem to get enough of. To tell you the truth I was alittle nervous at first when he brought out the drill... metal and drilling aren't my favorite match... but alas, it turned out perfect. Love you Jer.

6 comments:

TyLeen said...

How nice to have a handy husband. Oh, by the way, thanks for sharing Jeremy the other weekend. It was good to see him. Sad, that we have to go all the way to California to see you guys!

The Medrano's said...

You are soo full of crap, that door looks amazing even when it's up close! I soo know what you mean about the leaves, we have so much to clean up right now it's not funny.

Allen Family said...

You painted the letters on the door! You did amazing. I don't think I would be able to do that. Wow!

Lisa said...

Love the door. Looks good. You did a good job!

Dedre said...

ahh...I wish we had trees with leaves to fall! how fun!

Holy smokes that looks AMAZING. You have one steady hand. Next time call me, I have a vinyl machine, and I'd do it for you for free silly. :)

and the water in prosser is sooo nasty. It would make me nausea's not pregnant. Those filter things are great. My sister has one, and loves it too.

Shaina said...

Horray for leaves!!!! I love them. I'm glad your neighbors were so...willing to share theirs with you. wink wink. How on earth did you make those letters so fancy and straight? I'm with everyone else--it looks like you did use vinyl! I like reading about your home improvements.