Monday, March 5, 2012

All I wanted

So I have officially now turned the big 3-0! Exciting :). Anyway, this year all I wanted was my kitchen painted. I've had the paint for months now, but just haven't gotten the 'umph' to get going and do it. So I told Jeremy not to buy my anything because this is ALL I really wanted for my birthday.
It was originally an almost 'limey' green? More like the double mint gum color :). But anyway, I wanted blue and so Jeremy spent all afternoon and evening painting the kitchen. I love this guy!
And wah-lah! Blue. It's peaceful to me, and in the morning when the light is shining through the windows I feel like I'm breathing in a nice, cool ocean breeze. Ahhhh. Love it! Jer, you're the best!
I was greeted with many birthday wishes and I am always touched by those who make such an effort to do so. It does not go unnoticed or taken for granted. So thank you to everyone who did so!
My sis even came down and stayed the weekend with us. Oh I loved it! We always have so much fun :). On the morning of my b-day, Jer and Jess made cinnamon rolls for the dinner we were going to have later that night at my parents house. It was a great way to start the new decade ;). Thank you to Everyone who made everything so special. Love you all!

4 comments:

Shaina said...

Happy Birthday! Jeff turns the big 30 this year too. Blue IS such a fresh color for a kitchen--it looks great!

Dedre said...

ahh.. you took turning 30 much better than I did :) Wow...we are pretty darn close in age!

The Medrano's said...

Happy Birthday Carina! Thanks soo much for taking the time to come to Arie's baptism even with Cami sick and on your birthday to boot! It meant a lot to her! We love ya!

BTW, the blue is beautiful in your kitchen LOVE IT:)

Lisa said...

Glad you felt loved and had a great birthday! Funny how your birthday dessert has the color green you just had Jeremy paint over!:) Hapoy birthday Carina! Oh I hope cami was feeling better by the evening so she could celebrate with you. :)