Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Childhood

Homemade play dough brings back so many good memories with my mom.  I remember watching her mix all the ingredients together while it heated up.  Then being fascinated as it gradually thickened into warm dough.  I loved playing with it fresh from the stove and every once in a while taking a lick at my fingers just for fun because it was so salty.  My favorite part though was that every batch she made was a different color.  Pink, green, blue.  Every once in awhile I will make a batch of homemade play dough for the kids.  And I think their favorite part is picking the color it will be :).  This time they chose brown.  Perfect for their dinosaur and bug exhibit.

1 comment:

Trishelle said...

LOVE it! Loved the smell, the warmth, everything! Happy, happy memories! You totally made me smile today!