Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The Beginnings of December

Christmas is such a busy time of year and yet so much fun at the same time.  So much holiday cheer, ways to look to serve, anticipation of Christmas day, cool snuggly weather... it's just exciting :)
For Activity days we made fleece blankets to give to the families at the women's shelter.
Audrey didn't play much in the snow, so she decided to do the exact opposite... dress down and play inside ;)
One reason I love fall and winter is because I have an excuse to make as many soups as I want!  I LOVE soups, and I think I found a new top 5 fav.  Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Soup... mmmm! 
The rest of the kids hit up the 'slopes' while the snow was around it.  This December it's been off and on.  Snow one day, melted the other.  Ice one day, snowed on top and then melted again.  So they took advantage of it when they could.
While the older kids were finishing up school before Christmas break, Craig and Audrey smothered each other.  There were good times and not so good times ;)
They probably shouldn't do this on the tramp in the winter... but I let them.
I loved watching Craig push his tonka truck around in the snow.  His favorite was to trek on untouched territory ;)
And sugar cookies.  The kids love this tradition.  And to my wonderful surprise, I found this after coming home from Visiting Teaching one Sunday.  Daddy making cookies with the kids.  I love my hubby.
Audrey particularly liked the dough.  Who doesn't right!? ;)
Even though the snow hardly ever stuck, I appreciated it when it did fall and allow the kids to play in it for a time.  It at least made this kid pretty happy :)

No comments: