Saturday, December 26, 2015

Twas the Night before Christmas...

This Christmas my parents went to spend the holiday with my brother Jacob and his family in Missouri.  So my sister in law Kori put together Christmas Eve for the family in town, and I think it was one of our favorites.  I had seen it done, but we had never done it (only read the story), but the kids acted out the story of Jesus birth.  It was so sweet and touching.  We sang Christmas hymns of our Savior and his humble yet glorious birth.  All the kids were so good, even our baby Jesus, Kurtis!  He didn't even make a peep, just sat there in his 'manger' content and the commotion around him.
Tate, our niece, is such a talented young lady and she played the a Christmas piece for us too.
Cousins are seriously the best XOXO
Kori did such a wonderful job for our Christmas eve.  And I love this pic of these two (Carson photo bombing in the back ;)... But one thing I have always appreciated about Kori is that she has given Alex extra love and attention that I think he has needed.  He has always loved and appreciated his Aunt Kori.
The 3 babies of the Christmas eve clan
Audrey loves babies, so when she first saw Kurtis again, she instantly was fascinated with her cousin :)
Then Christmas came.  All the hustle and bustle got unwrapped in gifts and memories.  Some of the favorite gifts the kids got this year were:
Audrey's slide... she's in heaven and loves her new indoor playground
Craig loves his trains
Carson loved his 3D minion puzzle
Alex LOVED his Yugi-oh cards!
Cami was super excited about her detailed coloring book and new pencils
I think mine this year was a box my mom and dad gave me.  It was filled with pictures of all her children and their spouses, ranging from baby all the way up through high school.  And many other treasure she has kept throughout the years for her children.  I cried as I read some of the letters she had saved from my brother Jacob that he had written to me while he was in college and on a mission.  And I smiled at all the fun pictures.  I loved this one too, because it is completely symbolic.  Jeremy has always appreciated the love he has received from the King family throughout the year.  They treated him as one of his own.  Little did they know, that I too would be apart of it! Those picture posts back from when TyLeen and I were good friends and always hanging out.  Family Ties... little did they know. ;)  I'm glad my mom kept this one.
Oh and this pic... haha.... proof that I loved finally having a sister!
Jeremy's of course was the new culinary items we now have!  He has such a knack for cooking, (I'm trying to learn from him ;), so I'm excited to see what he cooks up!!
A Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: