Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Oh Dear... she's 12!!

Yes this cute faced, curly haired girl is totally growing up.  I thought I officially told her that was not allowed!  And yet, I have loved all of our adventures with her... even her pre-teen feistiness ;)  We love this girl so much.  Heavenly father knew what he was doing when he sent her first to us.
On her birthday we gave her our traditional money-filled pancakes.
AND.... a surprise birthday party!  I started a new thing a couple years ago that I would only throw and friend bday party every other year.  So when it came time to plan what to do... we were at odds.  She told me just to just plan it on my own and surprise her.  LIGHTBULB!  Even thought that wasn't what she meant, I took it to a different level.  Jeremy came home from work to take Cami out on a daddy daughter birthday lunch.  And during that time, a few of her friends came over to decorate the house.  She had NO idea it was coming and the instant she came through the door she was attacked by her friends and screams of 'Happy Birthday!'  She went red and I loved it ;).  Even caught it on video.  
We played games like photo freeze... each taking a turn to add to the previous poser which in turn makes a fun snap shot
Then we made t-shirt scarves
I made them pose with all their scarves on :)  Some of them did such a good job with the craft! 
Then had chocolate cookie dough ice cream cake... her favorite.
This snow loving, not so little any more, girl melts my heart. I have always loved her energetic spirit, wishing I could have an inkling of hers and trying to keep up with her dreams and aspirations at the same time!  She amazes me, and we love her so much for it.  
Also, one of her birthday wishes was to go to the temple before the year was over.  There was a small door for that to happen, so my mom got on the ball and scheduled a date.  Sadly, their flight got cancelled and grandma and grandpa weren't able to make it.  BUT, lots of extended family came to support and be a part of it.  Hayley, Zack, Kori, Tate, Tyler, Crystal, Dan, Jess.  And I don't know those who we did the work for, many of them family names, were there also.  What a special day
We love you Cami XOXO

No comments: