Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Smore's Anyone???


This morning Jeremy's receptionist called in sick. So I got the kids and myself ready to go help out up front for the morning. Jeremy headed in 10 minutes ahead of me. As I'm almost to the office, the streets were blocked off with all sorts of fire and rescue vehicles. We see some smoke ahead. As we detour around Cami starts panicking, "Mom, is that dad's office?!"

"No honey, I bet it's just the apartments right before dad's office, that's somewhat common."

Nope.... Jeremy's office building was billowing with smoke. Cami starts to cry. I finally park nearby, and run out to find Jeremy. Nowhere. "Where's my husband?" No response. I see signs of his bags outside, which informs me he is aware of the fire inside. Then he comes out of the office, with important items from the office of which he could grab. What a relief!

Needless to say, we are not working this week, haha. On the other side of the building a light fixture that had obvious need of fixing, caught on fire. A wall separates us from that part of the building. No fire damage on our side, but a lot of smoke damage occurred. So what do we do?.... we shall see. As for now we are still trying to assess the damage and figure out with what needs to take place next. Jeremy definitely inhaled some smoke while he was inside. When he first went in, there was hardly a sign of smoke, but within minutes as he tried to turn off the heat and cooling system and a grab couple of other things, the place piled in with smoke. Lol, all will be well, moving forward... things happen.

10 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Oh my goodness! Thankfully it wasn't his building, but that's still horrible to have the smoke damage from the fire. At least everyone was safe. Let us know if you guys need any help with anything over there. That's no fun!

Allen Family said...

Wow, kind of scary. I'm glad everybody is fine and no one got hurt. What a relief. Keep us updated!

The Medrano's said...

Thank goodness you guys are okay! Hopefully you can figure out what to do next.

Jamie said...

Wow, how crazy! I'm glad there was no fire damage to Jeremy's office and glad he's okay! Good luck getting it all straightened out!

TyLeen said...

Oh my heck! I am so glad everyone is ok. That is not cool at all. At least you get to have him around this week for spring break. I hope everything gets figured out soon. Good luck!

Gary or Carol said...

Just read your last several blog posts...done while we were gone and getting ready to go I guess. I'm sorry about the fire, but as you so adeptly verbalized...look at all the many other blessings in your life. You are a great wife, mommy, daughter, sister, and friend!

TiAnn said...

So sorry to hear about the fire. Hope that he can get up and running quickly, & we're so glad that he's okay.

Trishelle said...

CARINA! I read this out loud to Chris and we were starting to panic! I speak for both of us when I say how relieved we are that Jeremy is okay and his office is still relatively intact! WE sure love you guys!!

Miche said...

That is crazy. It is a reminder of how quick our lives can change. Good luck working out all the details. I will be thinking of you.

Miche said...

I just read your rainbow post. You have always been that uplifting person for me. You are someone who I can always count on to see the Lords hand in all things. You are the best and I am so blessed to know you! Love you and miss you! We need to go on a walk again one day. :)