Monday, January 23, 2012

2 different Climates

Even though the ice was horrendous and a pain to chip off your car and drive in... Alex and his cousin Kenzie still found a way to make the best of it. Sledding! I felt so bad for Kenzie though, she biffed it on one ride and scraped up her face on the ice, poor girl! But they were able to enjoy some fun for about an hour before the unpleasant incident. Alex has thoroughly enjoyed no school these past couple of days, and was hoping for a delay today, haha. :)Cami on the other hand has only had to deal with the cruddy weather for one day. Because she is soaking up the sun in Hawaii! My parents took the 3 older grand-girls on a special special trip. I keep telling Cami she is being spoiled ;)... she loves it. :) They almost didn't make their flight because of road closures on that first day of icy rain... but with chains on and several hours on the road... they made it to Portland the night before their flight. This is the girls trying on their snorkel gear: Left to Right- Tate, Cami, and Kate. They are beaming and I love it. :)The girls sharing a bed in the hotel the night before getting on the airplane to Hawaii. (These are pictures from my parent's phone, so some of them are a little blurry).
They are finally there! We have been talking to Cami every night and get a few pictures here and there. Alex loves talking to Cami about all the things she's seeing and doing. It was hard for him at first w/the fact that she was going to Hawaii and not him. But with the daily phone calls, he's soaking it up like he's there with her. I love seeing that connection between the two. Listening to Alex tell Cami he misses her and loves her and Cami saying the same thing... I love it. Not having your sibling around daily sometimes makes you realize how much you actually do love them.In Hawaii at Costco... haha, kind of makes me laugh. But apparently, my dad says they make a Hawaiin dog there that's delish! Cheap meals are awesome!Cami is loving the experience and we are so happy for her. What a treat! She knows it, and I keep reminding her, this is something special. :) She is special.
Her trip has just started and she gets to be there for a week! So more fun pictures to come :).

7 comments:

Lisa said...

No kidding two climates!! I'm so excited for cami. Lindsey wants to go there...for the volcanoes:) I can hardly wait until Jaime and I can go again since I ruined his first time there. Love the relationship Alex and cami have together. They're so cute.

The Medrano's said...

How awesome! I wanna go to Hawaii! What great parents you have.

Dedre said...

how fun for those girls!!! Aren't you sooo glad for cell phone's with cameras and capability to email them soo quickly! I sure am. A whole week, wow you are a brave momma! I'm missing Meg like crazy and it's only been 5 days.

Summer Naylor said...

Wow! I am a parent and I've never been to Hawaii. She really is one lucky girl! How fun! I would love to be able to do cool trips like that someday!

Allen Family said...

That is so awesome that she gets to do that! I think my kids would have a hard time too!

Arlene said...

How fun for her! What a special trip with her grandparents and cousins. I would love to feel the sun right now.

Ashleigh said...

That is so awesome! What a lucky girl Cami is. I'm glad Alex has been able to enjoy the snow. You reminded me that we need to get out and go sledding. How fun!