Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Alex's Big Day

Yep, Alex turned 6 :). This kid can melt my heart ya' know. On Cami's 7th birthday, Grandma Elli had made her a beautiful birthday cake that Alex helped make. And his birthday wishes some day were for Grandma Elli to do the same for him. So that's just what she did. When we told Alex Grandma booked a flight just to be here for his birthday, he knew this was the best present of all! She got here the day before his birthday, and the moment he stepped in the door and saw Grandma Elli here, he went straight to the kitchen and got ready to make his cake with Grandma :). The cutest part was, was that he had already drawn out how he wanted his cake. Haha, I really wish I got a picture of it, but I had thrown it away before I thought to do that.

Alex and Grandma getting the fondant ready... his favorite part :).We also thought to make a classroom birthday treat for school. And since he is SO into pokemon these days, we made pokemon balls out of rice krispie treats.After Alex went to bed, we set out some decorations and posters Grandma printed out for him to put all over the ways... pokemon oriented of course ;).Putting the cake together... well the first layer. Now it was midnight when we got started on putting the cake together. But alas, my tiredness set in and Gail insisted on us going to sleep. She stayed up until 3 am so Alex could see it in the morning! Bless her heart! Jer and I tried to convince her to just finish it tomorrow morning, but she wanted (and knew Alex would love), to see the finale once he woke up. He was pretty excited.She had this little note for Alex when he woke up.He LOVED his cake! A pokemon battle arena w/ stadium seating and an audience to cheer the pokemon on... it was awesome!Grandma Elli always gets my kids the cutest clothes, so we had him open up some birthday clothes before he went to school. Haha, he felt pretty cool in his new stuff.Oh, and he had me take a picture of him in front of one of his birthday pictures Grandma printed off for him. ;)I had asked Alex if he just wanted to take the pokemon balls in his back pack to school and hand out when it was time... but he wanted me there. So at lunch time, Carson and I came to visit Alex at school.I had not thought of bringing something for Carson to eat, dumb of me, but Alex willingly shared. Then he handed out his goodies after they sang Happy Birthday to him. I had to laugh because once the kids got the balls, they started rolling them and bouncing them... lol, the substitute teacher was looking a little stressed when all the pokemon balls were coming to action. Haha, whoops! (Maybe just cupcakes next time;).Later that night we invited family and his old friend Olivia to Chucky Cheese that night for cake and games. A child's dream, "Where a Kid can be a Kid!" I'm kicking myself because I didn't get a proper picture with all the kiddos and family around him....

Time for cake and presents :)Haha, of course he wants the middleGail was trying to get a few shots with me in it with Alex and finally told me what she was trying to do and was feeling unsuccessful... lol, so I gave her my best ;)Haha, well maybe this is better ;) Alex, loved all his toys. I love watching Alex open his presents, because he doesn't rush through them all. He opens it and carefully exams each one wishing he could use it right there and then.Oh we were at Chucky Cheese way too late, we were even the last one's out of the place. Alex and the kids had so much fun though. He used most of his coins on this one arcade unit. Oh the thrills :) Happy Birthday Alex, we sure love you!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh what a special day he had. Cake was awesome. I live the Pokemon balls you made. Cute and creative. We can't make fun homemade treats to take to the school. It has to be store bought. Liability issues.:( it made Olivia's day being able to play with Alex and see him enjoy everything. Hard to believe he's six and she's right around the corner! Happy birthday Alex!

Shaina said...

aww! Happy Birthday to Alex! What a fun day. And what a dear grandma to come all that way just for him! How sweet.

Dedre said...

what a super special birthday for Alex. jeesh grandma Elli seems pretty awesome!

Trishelle said...

AWESOME! It's great to be 6. Way to go on that AWESOME cake! What a clever idea to have a Pokemon war!

Trishelle said...

By the way, I love you. Thank you for your sweet words on my blog the other day. I am so grateful for YOU, my beautiful, amazing friend!

The Medrano's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!