Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Monumental

This is mainly for my own records, but today Carson made a big step. I've been trying for months now to get Carson to draw/color on his own. He doesn't like having the color outside the lines and he doesn't like to try to even draw things because he knows it'll look right when someone else does it. Even his primary teachers were having to color his pictures in class because he insisted they do it. But on Sunday he came back with a picture he colored all on his own... wow, I was shocked to say the least, and happy of course. :0) Then today Carson and I were at the table and I brought out some paper and markers. I don't know if it was the markers, (because we usually use crayons to keep the mess down;) or if it was because I was sitting down right next to him, encouraging him on and boosting his confidence with every line he put on the paper, haha... but he drew today all by himself. And that is big to me, and very exciting :). Maybe he might take more interest in having coloring time now.This part of the paper was my favorite because he drew Captain America, lol. Oh I love it! He drew his shield kind of by accident and then created the rest of the character all on his own. This has made my day. So simple, but awesome :).

4 comments:

Leisa Moulton said...

That's so fun! The joys of Mommyhood.

Shaina said...

Aww! How sweet! It's so exciting and fun to watch a NEW SKILL with your own kids, isn't it? His picture is quite good too--I'd never guess that he's not in to drawing. :)

Lisa said...

That's great. I remember you saying that he didn't like to color. Maybe now he'll become a great "colorer" like you;) Miss you guys. Isn't it about time we have our monthly get together again? :D

Dani said...

Hooray!! It's those small steps and milestones that make being a mommy so wonderful!