Friday, February 17, 2012

Sometimes she Surprises Me

So last night we had a Relief Society activity in our ward at church. I told the kids to be good for dad and forewarned Jeremy that I wasn't sure when I was going to be back. As I was coming home around 8:30 I was thinking, "Well I shouldn't be too surprised if the kiddos aren't in bed yet." Of course hoping they would be. I came home to a quiet house. Yes! Thank You Jeremy :). I see he's in the kitchen so I walk over to go talk to him. After discussing how the activity went for a bit, Jeremy says, "I don't know how the kids got to bed." Me: "You're kidding me, right?" Jeremy:"No seriously. I told the kids to brush their teeth and do some reading. Then I fell asleep on the couch. When I woke up, they were in bed and asleep." I was baffled. I went to go see if they were really asleep. Alex was conked out. Carson was is in bed. Cami was just coming out of the bathroom. "Cami, did you put everyone to bed??" She then relayed to me the whole story. "I saw that we had been reading for a half an hour. Dad was asleep, I was getting tired, and knew it was time for us to all get to bed." She helped the boys get into bed and tucked them in. She continued: "Alex came to me after awhile and said he couldn't sleep. So I went into his room and moved some pillows around for him and gave him one of his brown stuffed animals and said it was time to go to sleep. Then I knew I had to wait up for you just in case something happened to the house because dad was asleep." She blew me away with the responsibility she took upon herself to do. I couldn't help but wrap my arms around her and say thank you and that I was so proud of her. Last night was an eye opener for me. My little girl is growing up.

7 comments:

Dedre said...

holy smokes! I am kinda of cracking up that Jeremy was asleep and your 8 year old was taking care of the boys.
What a great girl you've got. So responsible!

Summer Naylor said...

so sweet! I pray that someday Maybrie will be that helpful!

Ashleigh said...

Oh my goodness, that is one grown-up girl! Wow, I'm super impressed. Once she is old enough to babysit, you'll know that she can totally handle it.

Lisa said...

Oh how sweet! Makes you tear up doesn't it. These sweet spirits we have in our lives are pretty big in those small bodies.

The Holloway's said...

That is the sweetest thing ever, what a great girl!!

Leisa Moulton said...

That is so awesome! What a wonderful girl you have there!

The Medrano's said...

That is soo cute and impressive! She sure is growing up!