Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Home At Last

On Mother's Day morning we set off to the hospital.  It was time.
We got into the hospital around 9 in the morning and started the induction process.  It took quite awhile to get things going as we knowingly expected.  But once I started showing some hopeful progress they broke my water around 7 pm.  That's when the things started getting much more intense.  Thank heavens for those lovely things they call 'epidurals'!  Around 10:30 the nurse was coming in quite frequently, noticing the baby was in quite a bit of distress.  Jeremy was trying to stay calm hoping I wouldn't notice, but I did.  Especially when they put the oxygen mask on me.  They quickly grabbed the doctor and once I was fully dialated they wanted me to push right away.  After a couple of pushes he was out.  Sure enough the cord was sung around his neck.  Jeremy said he was very purple when he came out.  Thankfully everything was quick and he was crying his healthy newborn cry, taking his very first breath :).
Jeremy had stronger feelings about what we should name our new little one, so I told Jeremy he could name our little boy:
Craig Robert Anderson
-after my dad and grandpa
We had several visitors come see little Craig.  These are some of the pictures people were able to email me while we were in the hospital because I didn't grab my camera, so thank you! 
My mom and her newest grand baby
I think Cami was the most excited of all the kids to have a new baby in our home.  Even if it was a boy ;).
Alex is happy to have another boy in the family, someone else to add to the evening ritual of rough housing.  At least in a couple of years ;).

Grandma Elli and her newest grandson :). Gail says that Craig looks SO much like Jeremy when he was born.  So maybe we'll get another mini-me Jeremy :)
While we were @ the hospital, Gail and Aunt Launa were at our house taking care of all our kiddos.  I am forever grateful for their help!  Especially with Carson because he was sick (hence the lack of pictures with Carson and baby Craig).  It was a great comfort to know my kids were in good hands.  On Mother's Day, Launa, Gail, and the kids made soup, rolls, and cinnamon rolls to celebrate Mother's Day.
Carson enjoyed his time with Grandma Elli, especially when he got his sweet treat @ the restaurant they went out to.  Apparently he just kept holding his gummi worm... haha he is fascinated with anything the wiggles or crawls :).
Time to go home
I always forget how small they are when they are born.  And it's always so apparent when you buckle them into their car seat for the very first time.
We are all so very happy to be home.  And Cami can't seem to get enough of him. 
Welcome home little Craig.

16 comments:

Arlene said...

He's beautiful! I noticed you weren't at church but didn't realize you'd had the baby until I saw your blog. You look great in the photos too. Better than I ever looked after giving birth!!! Congratulations.

Trishelle said...

A million sparkly, heart-shaped CONGRATULATIONS! He is beautiful! I'm so relieved to hear everything worked out...how scary that must have been though! You look radiant, my friend!

Erin said...

Congratulations Carina!! He is beautiful!!

Corinne said...

Congratulations!!! So glad to hear he is here and safe and you are both doing well! We're so happy for you guys!!

Dedre said...

How wonderful!! Soo true they seem sooo much smaller once you buckle them into their carseats for the first time.
Love the name...can't wait to see him in person :)

p.s. That picture of Jeremy makes him look 10 years younger!

hayleyharts said...

He is precious. I just want to hold him!! I love all the pictures and especially love his name. hope you are doing well. I wish I could come and take the kiddos. love ya lots!

Leisa Moulton said...

I agree with Arlene, you look great in the pictures. Congratulations on your new little boy!

The Holloway's said...

Congrats, he is so beautiful! So excited for your family's new addition, hope you are feeling good and getting a little sleep!

Shaina said...

Awww, congratulations. He looks like he belongs to your family. I always forget how tiny newborns are too! any time I come across a spare newborn-sized diaper, I am shocked at how miniscule it is! I never believe they're that small until I see that same teeny weeny diaper looking all big and baggy on a newborn's skinny little body! It's amazing something that small can make us mamas have such BIG bellies. Have so much fun with your new sweet boy. I'm so glad everything went well for you. And you really do look gorgeous in all those pictures--what's your secret? :) Also--Cami is adorable holding her little brother. I was about her age when my youngest sister was born. I remember fighting with my 3 other siblings over who got to hold her.

Allen Family said...

Yay, So glad he is hear and that you and baby are healthy. He is so handsome.

Summer Naylor said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful. I think Cami is going to be a good little helper for you!

The Medrano's said...

Congrats! Can't wait to go see him!

Ashleigh said...

Love these post baby blogs. I'm so happy that you both are safe and healthy. You are gorgeous and little Craig is absolutely adorable! I can't wait to meet him!

Joni and John said...

He is just darling and I love his name, such a classic! Congrats on a healthy beautiful baby! You guys did Good:)

Amanda said...

OMG didn't even know you were prego. Congrats!!

Lisa said...

Congrats again Carina. I thoroughly enjoyed our little time there in the hospital too. I wouldn't miss it. It was great to hold him and see you. You're a wonderful mom. :) I love your family.