Monday, May 7, 2012

Multiple Memories

The joy we get in life doesn't come from the things you own, the comforts of life you have, or any temporal perks we might encounter.  It's the people we are blessed to have in our life that fill our buckets to the very brim!
Children, for one, can be some of our greatest joys.  This weekend Cami and I got to have a girls night out while Jeremy took the boys on a Fathers/Sons outing.  The minute they left the house, Cami got straight to planning!  We played some games, we made dinner together, and then headed to grandma's house to paint our nails and stay up late watching 'Annie' with Grandma Cheeto and Aunt Jessie.  Throughout the weekend we kept singing several of the songs from 'Annie'... such a classic!
The next morning we slept in.  After breakfast we went and fed the geese and seagulls by the river and then went for a walk along the river. We saw this cool cut down tree stump in the shape of a heart and Cami couldn't resist climbing it.  It made for a fun picture:). 
Along the way we saw tons of little goslings along the grass, pathway, and river.  I am a succor for baby animals... if only they could stay that way ;).  But that's not part of Heavenly Father's plan, now is it :).
While we were having our girl time together, the boys, (which included: Jeremy, Alex, Carson, Uncle Zack, Uncle Tyler, and William), went camping!  I told Jer to make sure he took some pics, so this is what he captured.  Boys, dirt, and sticks... perfect camping scene :).
Their campground
In the tent.  I will have to say, Jeremy did an awesome job wearing these boys out because on Saturday when they came back, Alex and Carson fell asleep at 5:30 that night and didn't wake up til morning!
So our van obviously got very dirty on their trip.  But what are these markings???  Nope, probably wouldn't have guessed it, because I sure didn't!  Carson and William went up and down the van making BIG lick marks!  Yes, one lick didn't stop them... the dirt in the mouth didn't even phase them.  They just went on licking the van all the way down! LOL, disgusting!  I guess I'm just glad they didn't try licking the tires :S.
The boys made a couple of stops on their way home.  Shooting out in the country (Alex shyly reported to me that he shot his first gopher, probably not sure what I would think of it... but I know he quite enjoyed it ;) and then fishing and the Hartley pond.  Zack had the lucky pole and caught several fish....
Even by the line!  This fish didn't even touch the hook!  It's gills got caught in the line and Zack pulled it in. :)
Later that night I had quite a surprise in store.  The boys were back and Jeremy said he lined up some babysitting so we could go on a date. Awesome!  But little did I know he was leading me into a surprise attack by some of the best friends in the whole world!  This picture is horribly blurry, but it will forever be a reminder to me of how friends and family make life complete!  I am totally undeserving of such a sweet gesture and was touched by their love and effort in throwing a baby shower for me.  Oh I love you all! Seriously, words just can't even express it!
And I HAD to take a picture of this adorable diaper cake!!  Ash, Alisha, and Lisa... so awesome! Thank you!
After Jeremy dropped me off @ the shower he went back to the house and did a little bit more camping stuff, except with Cami.  She didn't want to be left out of the campfire fun ;).  Hot dogs and smores :).
 I am so grateful for the people, the angels, that are in my life.  I am meeting many more and await others to come.  The Lord allows certain people to pass through or stay in our lives that are there for a reason.  That uplift and bless us.  I thank God for letting me be apart of the lives of these beautiful souls, and MANY others!

2 comments:

Allen Family said...

What a fun weekend! Glad you were able to have some one on one with cami.

The Medrano's said...

What fun! I'm glad you enjoyed everything!