Friday, July 22, 2011

Dining with Royalty

We had the privledge to be apart of the King family reunion at Silverwood this year, and THAT my friends, was quite a treat! I unfortunately did not bring out the camera as often as I should have, so I am lacking in proper documentation of everyone, BUT... it is definitely a trip we won't forget :).


We attempted the Egg Twirl with the whole fam, which we obviously all got squished and me a little queesy. I have come to realize, I am my mother's daughter.... too much spinning is NOT good for me ;). (FYI, if my mom EVER went on a fair ride that spun, you could count on her spewing within the hour and being nautious a couple of days after... fortunately, I'm not quite that bad).


On this ride, I got the biggest kick out of watching TyLeen laugh herself to tears about getting her dad to buddy up with Cami on the Tilt-A-Whirl! I think we were more worried about Ron then Cami on this one, haha!


I snuck a picture in as we were hanging around waiting for some who took the train ride. Which Carson LOVED, of course. I think that is what he talked about most during the trip :). We have here, Beautiful little (well not so little anymore!) Tommi. TyLeen and Spencer with their absolutely adorable bunch! Oh yeah, and Alex ;).

The kids loved the kiddy section on the park. Over and over again they went! But Cami says her favorite ride was the Corkscrew, which was her very first roller coaster ride... I am not surprised for she is my little dare devil. Alex on the other hand, went with me on Timber Terror, a wooden roller coaster. I was laughing so hard by the end of the ride! He has always been my cautious one... his knuckles were SO tight and white, and the look on his face was priceless! The only time he smiled was when I patted him on the hand to reassure him all is well and that this really is fun. When the ride was done, I asked him if he wanted to do it again? He quickly answered,... "No."


Now we hadn't seen this couple since their wedding! Which has been about 6 years! So it was SO good to see Tanelle, Clint, and their sweet little clan! Hopefully next time we see them it won't be quite as long :).

Like I said, I didn't get enough pictures, for there was Travis, Jeremy's best friend, and his cute kiddos who came over from Alaska to be apart of it all. And Tori whom has grown into a gorgeous young women who is now going to college! What?! UGh, I'm getting old.



After a long, action packed day... the kids crashed on our 3 1/2 hr drive home. It's safe to say, WE HAD A BLAST! Thank you King's/Dixon's/Allen's! ;) We love you

4 comments:

Allen Family said...

We had a blast too! I hope we do it again next year. I might just have to steal some of your pictures because I just didn't get enough either. I'm glad you guys could make it.

Lisa said...

Fun! I can't believe your kids went on those crazy rides! My first roller coaster ride was on the corkscrew and I was in high school. Always too chicken. It was fun, however, timber terror was scary! I can't believe Alex went on it. How tall do kids have to be to ride those? I always felt like i would fly out. I can't imagine how Alex felt being so much smaller. We are planning on going there next summer for a reunion too.

The Medrano's said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I can so see my kids loving every bit of those rides!! Okay, maybe I lied a little, Alayna would probably chicken out lol! Manuel and I were planning on taking the kids this summer until this tragedy with my mom happened:( Maybe next year!

Trishelle said...

Sooooo fun! Way to grab the bull by the horns! The Egg Twirl sounds delightfully nauseating!

It's so wonderful spending a trip with dear friends and loved ones. I'm so glad you had such a great time!