Friday, July 15, 2011

Not a Profressional

Most people wouldn't find much excitement in this very common chore. And I know many friends who have done this task fully pregnant!! So you can laugh at my pathetic success in doing such a thing. Hahaha! But today was the day that I was going to mow the lawn! It had been close to two weeks since we've moved in, and we hadn't touched the lawn, (and you could tell especially in the spots the previous owenr's dog had done his business... the grass there was particularly lush and tall! LOL). Do you want to know how long it's been since I had last mowed a lawn?? It's been since high school, about 10 years. :) We've been particulary spoiled for the last 3 years with our 80 yr old neighbor mowing our lawn... bless his heart!! Now we have our own responsibility, and today I enjoyed it. :) Jeremy told me to wait for tomorrow when he could do it... but you know how us ladies are sometimes.... It's just gotta be done now! ;)

Then afterwards we invited some new friendly neighbors and had snow cones, (thanks Grandpa Steve for buying us a snow cone maker!) and played in the sprinklers. Which meant everyone got wet, sticky, and grass all over them. Haha, but as a kid, you could care less. :)

3 comments:

The Holloway's said...

I love mowing the lawn...one of the best chores and sting the results so quickly is the best! Glad you enjoyed it!!!

TyLeen said...

Mowing the lawn is one of my favorite summer time chores. In fact, when Spencer is around the day I decide to do it and when he decides he wants a turn, it is totally a bummer. I love to mow the lawn because I can't hear anything else. If my kids are screaming and fighting...I wouldn't even know it!

Lisa said...

You'll be a pro before you know it. Now jer will have you mowing it every week. Lol. Love those snow cones don't we? ;)