Saturday, October 22, 2011

Bake N' Bead Sale

Cami and her neighbor friend, Serrell, have started a bug club. And for about a month they've been begging me to help them with some kind of sale that would help them get supplies and other fun things for their club.... I finally gave in/said okay. For weeks after school the girls made some bead bracelets, and the night before we baked some goodies. Despite the crazy wind we set up and the girls put signs everywhere, (they even took fliers to school to give to their classmates and others, with permission from the teachers :). They earned over 20 dollars and feel quite pleased. I was touched by people's generosity too. "Keep the change." "Here's another 2 dollars because you guys are quite good bakers!" Seriously, it made the girl's day. I told Cami we are not doing this for a VERY long time and I'm glad it's out of their system, haha. But I do have to say, I don't regret doing it. Their excitement and smiles were priceless.

6 comments:

The Medrano's said...

How fun! I bet those goodies were awesome:)

Allen Family said...

That is awesome! What a great idea, and fun for the girls.

Jamie said...

You're such a nice mom! Our neighbor girls always do lemonade or baking stands, so my kids have wanted to do them before, and I never want to deal with it! I let them once, though, and it also made them super happy! How nice that they had such a good response!

Dedre said...

oh my goodness. Mother of the year award!!

Very cute!

TyLeen said...

What a good mom you are! I can just picture how excited they must have been. EmmaLee would have been jumping out of her skin.

Trishelle said...

Carina, that is AWESOME!! People are so good. It also helps that your sweet little Cami is a truly remarkable kid. It makes me smile that this is the way she chooses to spend her time. What great kids!!