Monday, October 17, 2011

Down and Back

I told my sister that we'd come visit her at college since she's so much closer. So we took advantage of a 'No School' day and took a quick trip. My mom lovingly went with me, to help with kids and distract me from any queaziness that might befall any pregnant lady. And of course to go see Jess. Since she's on the pole vault team we got to watch her practice alittle and the kids got to play on the Red Turf. :)During this time, the band was practicing and the Mascot, Scoot, was out performing. My mom told Cami, "I'll give you 5 dollars if you go get a picture with the Eagle...?" "No way! Not even for 100 dollars!", exclaims Cami. My mom kept trying to persuade the kids to do it, then Alex finally says, "I'll do it for 10 dollars grandma...?" "Okay!", grandma agrees. Haha, and off they went to go pose with the Awesome Eagle, Scoot, who was such a hoot! Cami hid around the corner and Carson around my leg. But Alex was in it for the big bucks, haha. Besides my sister I think this was the highlight of the trip for me. :)

After Jess was done with practice, we hit the mall, the mall playland (hence the picture), dinner and then spent the night at her apt. It was so much fun visiting, so much so I forgot to take out my camera to get a pic of all of us together. Anyway though, it was a fun trip. The next morning she had practice again and we headed back home.


But before we got all the way there, we stopped off at the Country Mercantile for some white pumpkins... little did we know they had a whole sha-bang going on! So we decided to participate for as much time as we could...



Even though I might have not felt the best the whole time, I would definitely have to say... it was worth it. :)

2 comments:

Dedre said...

ahh what a fun little day trip. very cool jessica is close to home now.

Lisa said...

Alex is great! Did he get the money? Lol we are going to the county mercantile this week too. It's a whole carnival! Liv just went there for her school field trip.