Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Undeserved

I had a moment today. Trying to put together some dumb bookshelf that I thought I could do on my own, apparently not... I mutilated the darn thing. I'll spare you the long frustrating story, except for the fact that it brought me to hormonal tears and sharp tones with my kids. They disappeared as I put away the un-put-together boards and started dinner. All through dinner, they kept reminding me to check my room. By the time dinner was over I had calmed down and could laugh about the unpleasant afternoon. I followed the kids into my room and entered into this.... Notes upon notes of love. I totally didn't deserve this. They are MY angels, and a perfect example of Christ-like character. Instead of getting mad about how I talked to them, they showered me with love. I hope I can someday emulate what they have taught me. Thank heaven for children. And I am definitely putting these up on the walls in my room.

5 comments:

The Holloway's said...

I love this, and no matter how you acted they learned that love somewhere...and I am guessing you! Hope you all are doing great up there!

The Medrano's said...

So sweet! Kids are just soo forgiving no matter what we do.

Lisa said...

So sweet. Your kids are amazing. The other day I was frustrated and upset with my kids before a meal. Olivia gave the blessing on the food and prayed that I'd be able to be happy soon. It quickly made me realize if they can get over it so fast I should too. Our kids really are good examples of Christlike love aren't they?

Abi said...

So sweet!! Kids are the best!

The Woolner Family said...

That brought me to tears. Thanks for sharing. Just remember, you taught them.